11 Best Work From Home Accounting and Bookkeeping Jobs
Updated on: by Olivia
I don’t know how many of you know that I went to school to be a teacher, but I work as a freelance writer. With this in mind, it’s important to know that not everyone who has a degree works with their degree.
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- Pinecone Research: A leading name in online panels guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete! No hidden fees and completely free! Join Pinecone Research Now
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
If you have an accounting degree, you probably want to work in your area of expertise. However, the one thing that may be stopping you is the ability for you to find a job with your degree.
While there aren’t a ton of accounting or bookkeeping jobs out there in the online world, there are enough. And if you can’t find a job, there’s always the opportunity to create a job.
I’ve had done some research on the best online jobs for you! If you desire work from home accounting and bookkeeping jobs, then these are the top places to apply!
Work From Home Accounting and Bookkeeping Jobs – Online Accounting Jobs
If you’re a bookkeeper or an accountant, you may want to work from home. Working from home allows you freedom that you can’t always get anywhere else.
Whether you’re a new accountant and want to work from home or you’ve been doing this for ages, there are several jobs for accountants and bookkeepers.
(1) Bateman and Co.
This is an accounting you can do from home. They hire telecommuting staff accountants, which means you work from the comfort of your own home.
To work for Batement and Co., there are a few requirements.
- You must have at least 3 years of prior public accounting experience.
- Need to have your own computer, access to the Internet
- Necessary software is included
- Be able to prepare individual, partnership, and corporate tax returns
- You don’t HAVE to live in Houston, but they do prefer Texas residents
- Work from home is a new concept for them, so they ask that you be patient as kinks are worked out.
If you would like to apply for this position, here is what you do:
- Go here to apply
- Interested applicants should send their resume via email fax or mail.
(2) Click N Work
While this isn’t your ordinary accounting or bookkeeping position, it does market reviews and economic papers. They’re looking for people to help them with these tasks.
Need Easy Extra Cash?
Join Toluna and earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! No hidden fees and completely free!
Join Toluna Now
Here are the requirements to work for Click Work
- Make sure you read their FAQ to help you decide if working from home is for you.
- Work as a sector specialist and or analyst or consultants
- Be okay with the rates/they’re willing to discuss different pay structures
- Register and submit your information. If you’re a good match, then they will call you!
- Please head here to apply
(3) Book Minders
For those of you looking for a work at home career, you may find luck with Book Minders. This company is focused on helping their clients with accounting and bookkeeping.
Sometimes their clients need a little bit of help in this area, and other times they need a lot of help in this area.
Book Minders is well known in the work from home community. They have a good client base, but also hire work from home accountants. Are you interested in learning more? This may be the position you’ve been looking for!
The thing you should know about Book Minders is that they have been doing this for a long time and have a process. Here are few of the requirements for working from home with this company.
- Need a 4-year degree
- 5 or more years in accounting experience
- Have a suitable office space
- Car to facilitate travel to clients
- You must live close to one of their cities that are licensed, so you can meet up for trainings and meetings.
If you’re still interested in applying, then you can do so right here.
(4) Click Accountant Bookkeeping Services
There are companies out there that are great at what they do, and Click Accountant Bookkeeping Services is one of them. This company is focused on bookkeeping and accounting. They literally have offices all over the world as well!
Their core values include:
- Real-time management of profiles
- And much more!
Still interested in applying? You need to check out the following process: simply email your resume to [email protected]. It’s that simple!
As interesting of a name that BID a WIZ is, they’re a company that provides accounting and bookkeeping services to customers.
You may have a desire to work for a company like this, and that’s great. BID a WIZ mentions several reasons why someone may want to work for them:
- You get to work from anywhere
- Generate a supplemental income
- Gain exposure to new clients
- Be part of a talented, respected team
- No signup fee or advertising costs
- Plus many other incentives!
To work here, you must meet the following qualifications:
Earn Everything… nearly!
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
Join Pinecone Research Now
- Must have a CPA
- Or you must have your Enrolled Agent Licensure
- Must have attended and graduated from a college in the USA
- Must have a positive attitude
- You must be willing to fill out an application and submit a copy of your licenses.
Still want to apply. Go here and apply to work for BIDaWIZ.
(6) Assurance Financial Management
Let’s talk about Assurance Financial Management for a second. This is such an awesome company to work for, for those who want to work from home in the accounting and/or bookkeeping niche.
Assurance Financial Management is a CPA firm that may be just worth checking out. There are multiple positions that come with this company, so make sure you take advantage and apply
Simply head to this website to apply!
Do you want to make money as an accountant, but don’t know where to look for jobs? Upwork has always been a stable place to look for jobs, especially accounting and bookkeeping jobs. Keep this in mind as you look for work in this area.
It’s as easy as heading to the Upwork website and digging into the jobs that are open. You will get the pleasure of working with companies from all over the USA and the rest of the world.
With Upwork, you can apply for free online accounting jobs from home. Working from home works out for those who are accountants! If you’re good at what you do, then you’ll have no problem landing jobs.
(8) Check out LinkedIn
For those of you who want to work from home as an accountant or bookkeeper but don’t know where to start with your job search, I have an idea for you!
You will want to check out LinkedIn. This is where employers go to find what they’re looking for.
You never know if they a certain company could be looking for an accountant or bookkeeper. This could be your chance to find a company that needs an accountant. Just make sure you apply for jobs and keep applying for jobs!
(9) Start your own practice
Sometimes the companies that are hiring accountants just don’t mesh with the idea you have for your life. If you desire to work from home and be an accountant, then why now start your own practice?
There are SO MANY clients out there that are waiting for you. Start by contacting local businesses and offering your services.
As long as you have the proper licenses, you should have no problem landing a proper job in your field.
(10) Apply to work with Intuit
When tax time rolls around, I think it’s important to know that places like Intuit hires people like you to work from home. Intuit is one of the best companies to work for in the accounting world.
Go here to apply to work with Intuit.
I had no idea that TurboTax hired work from home professionals in the accounting world. If this sounds like a job for you, go here to apply.
Read More: Top 60 Independent Contractor Jobs to Start Your Career from Home
How to Become an Accountant – How to Get Bookkeeping Jobs From Home
Now that you know about some of the accounting or bookkeeping jobs out there, you may be wondering how one becomes an accountant. If you don’t have a degree already, you need an accounting degree to work with a lot of these companies listed.
- First step: Getting your accounting degree from a legit college. Of course, there are all types of programs offered for accounting, just make sure you choose the one that works best for you! Keep in mind that the minimum education an accountant needs is a BA degree.
- Second step: Pick what you want to do. There are two types of accounting careers out there. One in which you will be working as an accountant and the other a CPA. Some accountants don’t have all of their licensure, but as a CPA – you must.
- Third step: Pass the CPA exam. If you’re going to work as a CPA, you gotta have the CPA license. Most people need help with these exams, so keep this in mind as you study to get your certification. There is a lot to know and understand!
- Fourth step: Keep up on your accounting degree by continuing your education. If you want to stay in the game, then you have to keep learning and growing.
What You Need to Be an Accountant or Bookkeeper From Home
Do you want to be a virtual CPA or a freelance accountant? You will need to have the right equipment at home. Having everything you need is sure to make your life a lot easier.
Unless you have a calculator built into your head, it’s going to be hard to do accounting work, without the proper software. If you’re working for a company, a lot of times, they will pay for your software. Otherwise, you may be on your own.
Proper office space
Working from home means you’ll need a proper workspace. You’ll need a computer that will get the job done. Most likely, you’ll also be working with people, so you’ll need to be able to call your clients or even video chat with them. A proper office space is a must.
If you have a degree in accounting, then this is the best work from home job option for you. You can work from home, doing what you LOVE.
Set yourself up a nice office and take the stress off yourself. Enjoy your life and career, working from home as an accountant or bookkeeper.
Free Paypal Cash!
Join Opinion Outpost, one of the few faithful and honest survey panels and earn cash and gift cards for your opinion. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!
Click here to post a comment...