Your Guide to The Best Stay at Home Jobs as a Beginner
Updated on: by Olivia
Are you knew to working from home? Are you looking for the best stay at home jobs?
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- Pinecone Research: A leading name in online panels guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete! No hidden fees and completely free! Join Pinecone Research Now
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
You’ve come to the right place. Working from home is no joke! It’s relaxing, fun, and a great way to live your life.
No one can really be nitpicky when you work from home! You can work in your pajamas if you want.
Working from home is empowering. There are no long waits in traffic. You don’t have to worry about gas money or making a huge car payment (unless you want to).
The best stay at home jobs for beginners are out there. You can start out in writing and then do transcription.
There are also tons of customer service and chat agent jobs out there.
When someone is new to working from home, I tell them to apply to everything and see what they enjoy doing.
After a while, you can narrow down your favorites and just do that job. I always tell people that you might surprise yourself and be good at something you didn’t know you were good at.
Writing and Editing (One of the Best Work From Home Jobs for Beginners)
As a freelance writer, I can tell you that one of the best jobs for beginners is writing and editing.
You can write or edit from the comfort of your own home without having to deal with other people.
Earn Everything… nearly!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!
Writing is a great way to make money from home, all while making your own schedule.
My favorite part of writing is that you can start and stop when you want. That’s always really hard to do with a phone job, right?!
When you’re a writer, you can do things a little more your own way than not.
One of my favorite ways to earn money from home are content mills. You can make a good amount of money by writing for companies who provide this service to their customers. Here are some of the best writing companies out there to work for.
- Writer Access
- Problogger Job Board
- Look on Upwork for writing and editing jobs
- Don’t forget to check out various cities on Craigslist for different writing/editing jobs.
Honestly, writing jobs are one of the easiest jobs you can find online. Just think about how much people needs words on the World Wide Web. There is always someone looking for a writer out there.
And if you don’t like writing, then maybe editing is more up your ally! Both are excellent ways to make money from home, especially for the beginner.
Start a blog
If you don’t want to work for someone else as writer and would rather do your own thing. Then why not start a blog?
By starting a blog, you’re able to write on your own timetable and do your own thing.
All you need to do is buy a domain and then set up hosting, which can be done for cheap every month!
Starting a blog means you are in charge of making your own money. You can make money by
- Signing up for Google Adwords
- Running your own ads that people pay for on your blog
- Signing up for sponsored posts and hoping you land some!
- Offering your blogging services to bigger bloggers who can’t possibly do everything themselves.
Become a freelance editor
Have you ever known the world to not need an editor? There is always someone out there looking for an editor. Here is a list of companies and individuals who may be looking for an editor of some sort:
- Website owners
- Graphic designers
- Business owners
- Print shop owners.
The best thing about being a freelance editor is that you can look for work anywhere. If you’re good at editing, you will have no problem finding work.
The key here is that not everyone is a great editor. So, to make it in this world as a beginner editor, you really do have to be good and worth the money you’re charging.
Customer Service Jobs – Easy Stay at Home Jobs
Right after writing and editing jobs, the next best stay at home job for beginners is customer service. Almost all of us have some sort of customer service experience.
Want more money?
Join EarningStation, he highest paying site out there, where users get paid to Take Surveys, Watch Videos, Play Games, and Shop Online. No hidden fees and completely free!
Most of us have worked at a fast food restaurant as a teenager or have dealt with the general public as an adult.
The best part about customer service jobs online is that you only have to interact with customers via phone or via chat or email.
Customer service jobs are plentiful, and if you’re looking for one that you can do from home, then you’re in luck!
Some of the best customer service jobs out there are listed right here:
- Working Solutions
- ACD Direct
- American Express
- Sutherland Global
- Aspire Lifestyles
I mean, let’s be honest. Customer service is such an important part of how the world runs. If we don’t have good customer service agents, then companies wouldn’t be able to run like they’re supposed to. Could they?
Working as a customer service agent is a GOOD job, especially if you can do it from home. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.
What You will Need as a Customer Service Agent
Although customer service jobs are plentiful, they still require you to have a few staple items to get the job done.
I would recommend a home office with a door that closes, however, that is not necessary.
You do need to have a space that is quiet and free of interruptions. You will also need the following:
- A computer
- High-speed internet connection
- A headset with a microphone
- A home phone
Search Engine Evaluation
One of the most underappreciated jobs on the Internet is that of a search engine evaluator. I think it’s because people don’t really know what kind of work is done here.
I like applying to these types of jobs are great because they are easy and not everyone knows about them.
Although there aren’t a ton of companies who hire for this type of work, it’s nice when you can land a position with one of these companies.
- ZeroChaos – I had a friend who worked for ZeroChaos for almost a year. They always got paid on time, and the work was decent and consistent. If you need a search engine evaluator job, then why not apply here? Pay was $15 per hour, and you could work up to 30 hours per week.
- Appen / Leapforce – Another well-known work from home company that hires people to do search engine evaluating is Leapforce. You will love working for this company because they are simply the best in the field!
- iSoftStone – Don’t forget about this company and their work from home positions. You can work for iSoftStone as a search engine evaluator.
Transcription for Beginners
Another great opportunity to work from home and earn money is with doing transcription. Almost anyone can do this type of work from home is you have patience and a desire to make money.
Luckily, there have been a lot of companies figure out that businesses need transcriptionists. You don’t even have to start your own business, you can simply apply to work for one of these companies. It’s pretty sweet.
Some of these companies do require that you purchase equipment. A new person might get discouraged because they were told to not spend any more on their work from home job.
Purchasing a foot pedal is pretty common in the transcription world. Here are a few other things you might need:
- Ergonomic Chair
- Freemake Video Converter
If you’re looking for a transcription job, then make sure you check out these companies that are almost always hiring.
- Fiverr – This is always a great place to sell your skills. You get to determine what you offer the customer. Place your transcription services for sell on Fiverr and see if it helps you earn some money.
- Upwork – You should also know that looking for transcription work on Upwork can help you land some good work. There are always independent companies looking to hire someone to transcribe for them. You just have to put in the work of actually looking!
If you’d rather work for a company, then you’ll want to apply to some of these companies.
- Accutran Global
- Birch Creek Communications
- Casting Words
- Verbal Ink
- 3Play Media
- Neal R. Gross
- Daily Transcription
As you can see, there are a lot of these transcription jobs out there. The only thing you need to watch out for it pay.
Not all companies want to pay transcriptionists what they’re worth. Make sure you’re working with a company that pays well because your time is worth it.
Even as you start out, you don’t want to work for pennies as a transcriptionist. The best stay at home jobs are the ones where you’re making money.
Become a Chat Agent
If you’re new to the work at home world and want to become a chat agent, then let’s get started.
Chat agents usually help customers with customer service related issues. Some chat agents help answer questions.
For the most part, chat jobs are pretty hard to come across. Which is why when people land a chat job, they don’t easily give up on it.
To become a chat agent, you should apply to all jobs available. It usually takes several months to hear back, unless you just happen to apply at the right time.
If you’re looking for work that you can do from home that isn’t phone related, then hop on the chat agent train.
Here are a few places that will pay you to be a chat agent, if you’re lucky enough to land the job.
These are the top companies that people find work from home chat jobs with. You may also get lucky in finding a job with the following companies as a work from home agent.
While I can’t find direct links for these positions, you can scour their career pages and keep an eye open for chat agent jobs. If you want to work from home as a chat agent, you really have to apply for everything that there is out there.
Become a Social Media Guru
Do you know how big of a deal social media is? If you’re a beginner in the work at home world, then you may consider social media.
Social media is where you manage platforms like Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter for customers. Some clients may use SnapChat as well. Honestly, there is always a new social media platform coming out.
Social media is HUGE in helping businesses reach their customers. Big and small businesses alike use social media, and this is where you come in!
To become a social media guru, you should go through some type of training. There are tons of experts out there to follow, so you can learn a lot. Some of the social media people I have followed over the years include:
- Rachel Miller with Moolah Marketing: she teaches you how to use Facebook to reach your customers.
- Chalene Johnson: She does social media training for those who want to learn how social media influencing works.
- YouTube: This is a social media influencers’ dream. You can look up how to videos on almost anything you want to learn. Don’t let this resource go to waste.
- com: For a small fee, you can learn on Lynda.com. Anything you want to know or learn can be found here.
- LinkedIn: I find this to be a social media platform, but also a place to learn a lot about social media!
How to Get a Social Media Job
Getting a social media job is a little harder than learning how to do it. However, it’s not impossible!
Social media marketers can be beginners. Everyone has to start out somewhere, right? The places I’m going to show you to find social media jobs are pretty straightforward.
It’s nice to know that there are so many options out there for working from home as a social media professional.
- Start a marketing company: Obviously, one of the best ways to become a social media manager is to market yourself. You can start a website and then market your service. When people see how professional you are and that you get them results, they will want to hire you.
- Look on Upwork: I know you get tired of hearing about Upwork, but it is a good place to look for social media work.
- Look on Guru: Not a lot of people talk about Guru anymore, but it is a good place to find work from home jobs in the social media field.
- Check out FlexJobs: This is one job platform that you have to pay for, but it’s worth it. Some of the best social media jobs are on this website. Go ahead and look for a social media job you think you’d like to do and apply!
- Go to LinkedIn: Did you know that LinkedIn is one of the oldest social media platforms? But it’s also the platform that can help you find a social media job. Go ahead and check it out! It’s free to sign up, but there is a small fee if you plan on doing hardcore social media job hunting.
- Indeed: I know you’ve heard me talk about how awesome Indeed is. You can find all kinds of work at home social media jobs on Tons of companies are looking for social media professionals to help them out.
Don’t make finding a work from home job harder than it should be. There are literally thousands of places hiring work at home professionals.
Once you start working from home, you may never want to go back to the corporate world again. Thanks to the Internet, there are so many different work from home options.
You will never have to work away from home again.
How awesome does that sound?