Your Guide to Legit Companies Offering Work From Home Data Entry Jobs
Updated on: by Olivia
I can’t tell you how many times I got scammed by people posing to offer work from home data entry jobs. It starts out as a too good to be true job offer that you literally can’t resist.
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- YouGov: A leading name in online panels: Join now and earn $50 cash or vouchers for completing surveys! No hidden fees and completely free! Join YouGov Now
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Pinecone Research: A leading name in online panels guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete! No hidden fees and completely free! Join Pinecone Research Now
They ask you a bunch of “interview” questions then they start wanting personal information like your name, address, and even a credit card number. What?!
These scammers are all over the place, but they are the worst in work from home groups on Facebook. So, if something seems too good to be true, it probably is!
Needless to say, I got tired of dealing with these scam artists and decided to find some legitimate companies that offer data entry jobs because we all deserve to apply for jobs without fear.
Take a look below to find out what it’s all about and which companies offer legitimate work from home data entry jobs!
What is Data Entry?
In short, data entry is entering information that may be in paper form into an easy to modify electronic process. Many times you will use word processing or data processing software.
However, data entry is actually a very broad term. If you think about it, you can find date everywhere in every piece of your life.
Businesses and companies have a lot of data, but determining on the type of business it is, will determine on the type of date you will be working with.
Types of Data Entry Jobs
As I said, there are various types of data entry jobs that you can do depending on the business you are working for. Here are just a few of the different types of data entry work you can choose.
- Data Entry Keyer: As a data entry keyer, you will receive numbers, items or other data to enter into computer software. This could be licenses, checks, or other data.
- Word Processor or Typist: Here, you may have to work on technical stuff and use data to create charts, graphs, and tables.
- Data Entry Clerk: As a clerk, you need to type fast and accurately. You will enter information into a database.
- Online Form Filling: You will be given specific details that you will have to fill into forms. It is super simple to do, but you must be accurate.
The minimum educational requirement for data entry work is a high school diploma or GED. Although you don’t have to have a degree, there are certain skills employers look for which include:
Need Easy Extra Cash?
Join Toluna and earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! No hidden fees and completely free!
- Keen attention to detail
- Typing speeds around 65 words per minute
- Experience with data entry
- Able to spot discrepancies in data
When applying for data entry jobs, keep these skills in mind and make sure to add them to your cover letter.
Top legitimate companies that offer work from home data entry jobs
If you are ready to start your career in data entry, here’s my list of the best companies that offer data entry jobs from home.
What I like about Clickworker is that you can choose how much work you want and when you want to work. They also offer many different types of data work and tasks including:
- Creation of Texts
- Data Categorization
- Copy Editing
- Web research
- Mystery Photographers
- App testing
All you need to do is head over to clickworker, fill out their form, create a profile, and complete some short assessments. The better you do, the more work that will be available to you.
The average pay is around $5-$6 per hour, but if you are quick, you can make a good paycheck every week. You must reach $30 before you can be paid out.
If you are up for the task, SigTrack offers work from home data entry seasonal positions. You will be doing data that involves processing voters registrations for different states.
Because access to voter data is restricted by law, you will jump through a few hoops in order to be considered for the job. Here’s what you have to look forward to:
- You need proof of residency in the US
- You will need to have a Skype interview to verify who you are
- You must have above average reading and writing skills
- You must be able to perform tasks in the US
- You must have fast internet speed of 20MB
- You must be able to work independently without supervision.
- You will need Windows 7 Pro, 8.1 Mac, OS 10.11
- You will need dual monitors
The only turn off for me in regards to this job is the way that pay works. You basically get paid a piece rate. So, each unit you do has a base value per job.
The value is split between you and the data user who verifies the accuracy of your data. So, your original amount is 100% minus errors, but never less than 50%. Here is a breakdown from their website:
If the base value of the task is worth $100, your share would be as follows:
- 92% accuracy: $50
- 94% accuracy: $60
- 96% accuracy: $70
- 98% accuracy: $80
They are at peak time during voting season, so look for a job with them a few months before the US is set to vote especially in times when there is a lot of controversy about candidate in the media.
Amazon is always offering work through Mturk. You get paid per task you complete. The more tasks you complete, the higher your pay gets.
Earn Everything… nearly!
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
Although tasks are not typically top dollar with Mechanical Turk, they are a great way to make a little extra cash. Here are some of the data entry tasks you can expect to complete:
- Editing and transcribing audio content
- Translating content from one language to another
- Rating the accuracy of search results
- Categorizing information based on instructions
- Converting unstructured data into well-formed addresses
- Verifying details
- Identifying duplicate information
- Filling out survey data
- Finding specific fields or data in large legal and government documents
As a military spouse, I have a lot of respect for Xerox. They have a program called Heros at Home in which they hire veterans and spouses work at home opportunities.
I love that they support our military, but they also support work from home careers. This company really cares about its employees.
Xerox currently has more than 8000 home-based employees and are continuing to grow. Here are some of the tasks you can do from home:
- Customer care
- Tech support
- Data Entry/verification
- Image Tagging
- Quality control
- Systems development
- Software programming
- Administrative/ business support
The best thing is that their website says they are actively seeking high-quality individuals for work at home opportunities.
Axion Data Services
If you haven’t heard of Axion, you should know they are one of the most sought-after companies in the work from home data entry world.
Because they are so sought after, it can be difficult to get into a career with them. However, they are worth listing on this site because if you get in, you are set!
On the downside, because this company is so great, you must register in their database to be considered as a data entry contractor in which there is a fee of $5-$10 depending how long you stay in the database.
Axion also requires strict guidelines including:
- 2-3 years of data entry experience
- A rate of 15,000 keystrokes per hour or 50 words per minute
- Proficiency in windows or Mac computers
- High-speed broadband internet
- Top-notch accuracy, attention to detail, and productivity
- Criminal background check ($30)
Pay at Axion is based on a flat rate per document or entry. The pay varies per project. The more skilled and efficient you are, the more you can make.
AccuTran Global is an outsourcing company that outsources virtual assistant work from their clients to you. Data entry is just one of the services they offer.
They have a need for transcriptionists and virtual assistants that can work from the 4pm-8pm eastern time. So if this fits your lifestyle, it is worth looking into.
You will need to fill out a questionnaire and do some testing in order to become a contractor. As a contractor, you will start out with transcription work.
There is an opportunity to advance into other positions that require more data entry on your part. However, most work is transcription at the core.
If you have questions about the work, you can send an email with the subject line: Contractor Query to [email protected]
I think what compels me the most to this company is their name “Fancy Hands.” What a perfect name for those of us that work with our hands on a daily basis?!
Fancy hands is kind of like a virtual staffing company. They offer virtual assistants to companies all over the world. This means they need a team.
Although fancy hands isn’t primarily data entry, you can find a plethora of tasks that require data entry services once you apply as a VA.
You fill out your form, and then you will need to do a test to become a VA. You will be paid per task you complete which varies from $3-$7 per task.
You define your own hours and take on as little or as much as you like. Here are some of the tasks you will be asked to complete:
- Make phone calls for people such as canceling their cable
- Schedule appointments such as doctor or business appointments
- Track down the best price for something
- Find hotels that meet specific criteria
- Data entry
Although you won’t get rich working for Fancy Hands, they are a great company to have in your basket during your slow times of working at home.
If none of these companies look like a good fit for you, you can always search for data entry jobs on job platforms.
If a company doesn’t solely provide data entry services for their clients, you won’t know that they have data entry positions available unless you do a search.
Keep in mind that there are still scams out there even on these platforms. Look for legitimate companies and never pay to get a job.
I would recommend the following platforms for data entry work:
Did we miss anything? Share your work from home data entry experiences in the comments below!
We would love to know about new data entry positions that come available!
Free Paypal Cash!
Join Opinion Outpost, one of the few faithful and honest survey panels and earn cash and gift cards for your opinion. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!