Check It Out! Amazon Hiring Work at Home Jobs in 2019
Updated on: by Olivia
If you have ever wanted to work for one of the nation’s fastest-growing retailers, you are not alone!
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- EarningStation: The highest paying site out there, where users get paid to Take Surveys, Watch Videos, Play Games, and Shop Online. Join EarningStation Now
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Vindale: Review products and take simple online surveys. Make up to $50 per survey completed. Over $6,955,991+ paid. Join Vindale Research Now
Amazon has taken shopping to a whole new level. Especially when your kiddo left a birthday invite in their backpack for a couple of weeks, and you only have a day or two to grab a gift. Or when you need a few things, but simply don’t want to put forth the effort to leave the house.
The retail giant is open all hours of day, and has super fast shipping speeds. There really isn’t much not to love about Amazon.
What if I told you that not only can you get a job with Amazon, but that said job can be done from your very own home office? Get ready to jump with joy, because it’s true!
There a number of different remote jobs that Amazon offers. Continue reading to learn about them, and what kind of perks you may be eligible for.
Amazon hiring work at home
Unfortunately, in order to land a work from home job with Amazon, you have to live in certain areas.
A vast majority of the available work from home positions are available only to those who do not live near a physical Amazon location. Usually, you have to be at least 50 miles away from one. But it gets worse. Some of the jobs require you to reside in specific state! So always read the requirements very carefully, to make sure that you are indeed eligible to apply!
To find available work from home jobs at Amazon, simply head over to their jobs page.
Usually, when looking for work from home gigs, you use the terms, “work from home,” “telecommute,” or “remote.” That is not exactly the case with Amazon. The term they prefer is “virtual locations.”
Currently, there are nearly 500 job postings in the virtual locations category. The jobs range from engineering and architect solutions, to human resources and customer service. So no matter what kind of job you are looking for, take a look. You may just land upon the right job posting.
Need Easy Extra Cash?
Join Toluna and earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! No hidden fees and completely free!
You can even use the search filters, to make it a little easier to find just what you are looking for. There are filters for the amount of hours you wish to work (part time, full time, seasonal), job categories, and even business categories, for if you aren’t quite sure you want to narrow it down to a particular job.
Amazon seasonal work from home jobs
We could all use a little extra cash for the holidays.
What better way to earn that extra cash, than by working from the comfort of your very own home? Well, I guess you could win the lottery, but if you are looking for big winnings, to pay for all of your holiday gifts, you must be dreaming! That is highly unlikely. In fact, you are much more likely to land a seasonal job at Amazon.
In 2018 Amazon hired more than 100,000 seasonal employees. Though I should note that not all of these jobs were work from home positions. Nonetheless, you can expect a huge increase in work from home jobs for the holidays.
Currently, there are only about 2 seasonal positions listed on the Amazon job page. But give it four or five months, and you will see that number skyrocket!
When you think of the holidays, your brain instantly takes you to November and December. However, by that point, it is too late, as a large amount of shopping would have already been done.
A big-time company like Amazon is sure to be ahead of the game. In fact, they hire a large portion of their seasonal employees around August. That gives them plenty of time to learn the ropes, and be prepared to handle a massive workload, and keep customers satisfied.
I also want to note that part-time holiday work also may increase from 20 hours to 40 hours! So be prepared to tackle those extra hours, and start earning some bank, when the time comes.
Virtual locations jobs
Do you want to know the specifics of some of the virtual jobs Amazon offers? Here they are! This is just a small list of some of the jobs that are frequently available, as well as some of the requirements necessary to apply.
Customer service jobs
How are you when it comes to people? Would you consider yourself a people person? If so, becoming a customer service associate just may be the perfect job for you. And the only experience you really need is a single year of previous customer service experience.
As a customer service associate, you will be corresponding with customers via a number of methods. You may be answering telephone calls, responding to online chat queries and emails, or possibly moderating comments, reviews, and questions from customers.
Earn Everything… nearly!
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
Human resource business partner
Is human resources the name of your game? If so, take a look at what to expect as a human resource business partner, what requirements are necessary.
You will basically be providing human resources support to the Amazon Customer Service Centers. This means that you will be executing initiatives, and provide great internal customer support.
To be considered it is an absolute must to have excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills. A bachelor’s degree and experience supporting hourly employees is also a necessity.
Take a look at part of the description of the Data Scientist job I just found, at Amazon.
“At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we are helping large enterprises build ML and DL models on the AWS Cloud. We are applying predictive technology to large volumes of data and against a wide spectrum of problems. Our Professional Services organization works together with our AWS customers to address their business needs using AI.”
Apply today if that short description has you intrigued!
Basic qualifications include, but are not limited to, a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a highly quantitative field, the ability to write production level code, experience giving data presentations, and the ability to travel, when necessary.
Do you have at least 7 years of design, implementation or consulting experience? Do you have some sort of background in technology sales? If so, you may want to check out the remote Solutions Architect job. You will be responsible for helping business customers work through any problems with Amazon Web Services. It will be your job to keep customers convinced that AWS is an excellent resource for their business.
ATS Project Engineer
Amazon has a great order fulfillment infrastructure, but as with nearly everything, there is always room for improvement!
Prospective ATS project engineers must have at least 5 years of experience using CAD, be proficient in Microsoft Office, and a bachelor’s degree in engineering, business administration, operations, or something similar. If you don’t have the degree, don’t worry. They may still consider your application if you have worked for Amazon for a minimum of 2 years.
What does Amazon offer employees?
One of the bad things about having a job that allows you to work from your home office, is that you are oftentimes hired as a contractor. This means you will not be eligible for benefits and your taxes will not automatically get deducted from your pay.
Fortunately, when you are hired on by Amazon, to work from home, you will actually be hired on as an employee! Hooray!
Last November, all Amazon employees living in the US had their minimum wage raised to $15 an hour. That’s right. No matter what role you have at Amazon, you can expect to earn a whopping $15 per hour, minimum!
The normal benefits
As an Amazon employee, there are many benefits you can look forward to.
- For starters, all full-time employees are eligible to receive health insurance. Prescription drug coverage, vision, and dental health are all included in the plans for employees and their families, including domestic partners!
- When it comes to your future financial security, Amazon will also match your 401k savings! They even have both short term and long term disability pay.
- Expecting a little one in the near future? If you have been employed with Amazon for at least an entire year before bringing a new, little life into your family (adopted or birth), Amazon has you covered. They offer a variety of maternal and parental leave options, sometimes fully paid!
The fun perks
On top of the average benefits listed above, Amazon offers a number of other perks to working for them.
- Paid time off is certainly a possibility at Amazon. Everyone needs a day off here and there. Once employed for a certain amount of time, you can then begin accruing paid time off, to use at your leisure!
- Don’t have a lot going on for the holidays? Why not work during them, and get paid a little extra? That’s right! Amazon will pay you time and a half if you work on New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day or Christmas Day.
- Discounts, please?! Absolutely! You didn’t think the retail giant would allow you to work there without getting some sort of discount, did you? You can earn 10% off of your prime delivered Amazon purchases, up to $100 per year.
- Want to adopt? I have great news! As you know, adoptions can come at great cost. But with the Amazon adoption assistance program, you may be able to reduce your attorney fees, court costs and travel fees for both domestic and international adoptions! As if I wasn’t already swooning for Amazon, I am completely in awe, now!
Tips for working at home
If you are new to the idea of working at home, there are likely a few things that you may not have considered yet. Well, don’t worry! I have a handful of great tips that you can keep on the backburner.
Have a quiet space
If your job has you on the phone frequently, one thing you may not have considered is the background noise.
Television, kiddos singing, crying, or screaming in the other room, or even a dog barking can really make your job difficult. I suggest you try to work when someone else can be home with the kiddos, if possible. Maybe even consider moving your office to a room with a door, to help block out additional noise interference.
Also, noise-canceling headphones, with a mute button are a wonderful invention. Just saying!
It can be incredibly difficult to find the motivation to work some days, at home. When you have Netflix shows to catch up on, a dirty house to clean, or a laundry monster sitting in your closet, work may be the last thing on your mind. But when working from home, it is up to you to stay focused, and on task!
When working from home, being disciplined is a must. It will help you with the previous problem, of staying motivated. It can also keep you from gaining a bunch of weight! You may laugh, but when you aren’t used to being home all day, every day, the kitchen suddenly will become the most visited room of your house!
Discipline yourself to take a reasonable amount of breaks, preferably away from the kitchen. Take a walk outside. Fold a load of laundry. But most importantly, set a timer! Once it rings, get your buns back to work!
If you are looking for a work from home job, where you can be hired as an Employee, not a contractor, Amazon has hundreds of open positions, worldwide. They are super easy to find, thanks to Amazon’s easy to use job search tool.
The jobs comes with many perks, and pay pretty well for a work from home job. You can get paid even more around the holidays, when customer shopping is at an all-time high.
Have you ever worked for Amazon? What did you think? What were some of your responsibilities? Share your stories!
Free Paypal Cash!
iSurveyWorld will pay you cash for each survey you complete. Earn up to $70 per survey. Payments are sent via paypal. Start Earning Now! No hidden fees and completely free!